Type of Carry Allowed: Concealed or Open
Restaurant Carry: Yes. Not in bar area. Remember that you may not consume any alcohol while you are carrying a lethal weapon [handgun].
Must Inform Law Officer When Your Armed: No
Restricted Locations: Section 45-9-101
· Police, Sheriff, or highway patrol station,
· Detention facility, prison or jail,
· Courtroom, polling place, governmental meeting, Legislature, Legislative meeting, Public park, school, college or university,
· Passenger terminal of any airport unless the firearm is encased for shipment,
· Any church or other place of worship,
· Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
· The carrying of a pistol may be disallowed in any place at the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the:
“Carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited”.
· No license or permit pursuant to section 45-9-101, Mississippi Code, shall authorize the participants of a parade or demonstration for which a permit is required to carry a concealed pistol or weapon.
· Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages or any portion of an establishment in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises.
Mississippi State Police
P.O. Box 958
Jackson, Mississippi 39205